SHOP WITH A DISCOUNT AND DO GOOD: YOU GET 20% OFF ON YOUR ORDER AND WE DONATE AN EXTRA 10% TO BUDAPEST BIKE MAFFIA AFTER EACH AND EVERY BACKPACK
Join in to our annual birthday celebration - but this year we decided to do it differently, as the whole year was much different from any previous ones we’ve ever experienced. Now we are not able hold an offline celebration with big smiles and fun times, making new friends - BUT we have the chance to put a big smile on other people’s faces who were a lot more effected by the virus or who got in to this year from a way worse life situation than we could ever imagine.
THIS YEAR WE TEAMED UP WITH BUDAPEST BIKE MAFFIA, ONE OF THE MOST INNOVATIVE CIVIL SOCIETY ORGANIZATIONS BASED IN BUDAPEST.
In the last years their community grew dynamically, many volunteers joined them, so they have started amazing new projects and actions. Their programs are approaching the problems of homelessness and prejudice in several ways, more of them are going beyond primary supporting.
Their goal is
“ to help homeless people, families in need, and social institutions. We represent an innovative and creative style of social care and helping. We recruit many volunteers, delegating them to institutional care, and to civil society organizations through our projects. We place great emphasize on social sensitivity, breaking down prejudice, particularly amongst the youth, finding new solutions in the resent social environment.”
The actions’ main goals are awareness-raising and mentality shifting.
- School programs are for sensitivity, community building, and the promotion of volunteering
- Their food saving project refers to wastage, and the importance of environmental awareness
- The garden project helps in the activation of homeless people and their self-sufficiency
- The Photo Project gives them the joy of creation, and success by art
- Sweet Home project helps the families in need.
- Emergency Food Rescue project is about to save and distribute hot meals and food that is suitable for consumption to those in need
- The +1 Sandwich (students for the needy’ project) projects was developed to/with students, who once a week bring an extra sandwich to school, which is then transported to homeless shelters
- Vitamin Commando is aiming to supply homeless people with food and donations that are essential to them
They have also joined to the European Solidarity Corps, that makes opportunity to involve foreign participants, and to start European Union projects too.
Our BIRTHDAY BAZAAR goes on for 2 full days (30.11-01.12) with our actual online stock!